Sunday, July 20, 2008

Eric's Birthday

Eric has been dying for ANYONE to take him fishing since we came here. For a birthday surprise he got his own pole and I took him. Blessedly there was a man and his son who sort of took Eric and Jared under his wing and taught them things, and shared bait, and even had an extra pole for Jared. How kind! I want to be like that.
Jared (8) and Eric (11) Fishing at Pretty Water Lake.




Faith caught the ultimate Birthday gift for Eric--a massive night crawler!




Here she is gifting it to him.




This is how Marisa enjoys fishing--shade and a BOOK!



Eric's catch! We brought all four home and put them in the pond, with all the other critters!

Damian took the boys up for the first time ever! It was a special birthday flight!

2 comments:

Cara said...

happy birthday eric!! faith looks so cute in that picture!! I'm excited for you guys that you can fly anywhere soon. a lot of my friends in alaska got their pilots licence and own planes and always go on fabulous vacations.

Anneka @ Anniesays-Anniedoes said...

Happy Birthday Eric!! I will NEVER forget your birthday now that our baby shares it with you. I am so glad that you had such a fun day. Although the plane ride looks pretty intimidating... especially with Damian behind the wheel =)